IRP Plates California

Serving truckers in California and all major California cities. Come and stop by in our offices, close to route 99, I-5, I-580 and I-205.


Starting your own trucking company requires IRP plates California preparation and planning because the trucking business is one of the most regulated industries in the country. The process can be complicated and takes much time and patience due to the many requirements and regulations. This is why the staff at Sky Transport Solutions is here to help you the truck driver.

Once you have taken the initial steps, like deciding on your business name and the legal entity, obtaining your CDL license, truck and trailer; securing the funds to obtain the necessary registrations, licenses, permits, etc., then you will need to get your business registered in your state. The process varies from state to state.


IFTA: (International Fuel Tax Agreement) – The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an agreement among states and Canadian provinces to simplify the reporting of fuel use taxes by interstate motor carriers. In California, IFTA is administered by the Motor Carrier Section of the Board of Equalization. Refer the below links for more information about IFTA,

IRP: The International Registration Plan – The International Registration Plan (Plan) is a registration reciprocity agreement among states of the United States, the District of Columbia and provinces of Canada providing for payment of apportionable fees on the basis of total distance operated in all jurisdictions. Refer the below links for more information about IRP,

UCR: Unified Carrier Registration: If you operate a truck or bus in interstate or international commerce, the federal Unified Carrier Registration Agreement (UCR) applies to your business. Refer the below links for more information about UCR,

FMSCA: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration: The FMCSA provides information about your rights when moving across state lines (interstate moves). Consumers should submit household goods commercial complaints or dangerous safety violations involving a commercial truck or bus to this agency. Refer the below links for more information about FMSCA,


Temp Fuel Permit: California Fuel Trip (CFT) permits allow out-of-state registered owners to enter and travel into California for four consecutive days without obtaining a license for fuel tax purposes. This permit also allows California registered carriers to reenter California after traveling out of state if they are unlicensed for fuel tax purposes. The CFT must be obtained and completed prior to entering the state. Refer the below link for more information about Temp Fuel Permit,

Permits: The Department of Transportation has the discretionary authority to issue special permits for the movement of vehicles/loads exceeding statutory limitations on the size, weight, and loading of vehicles contained in Division 15 of the California Vehicle Code. Requests for such special permits requires the completion of and application for a Transportation Permit. Refer the below link for more information about Permits,